Those attending will have opportunities to:
- Review and highlight experiences of, and interest in, the John Muir Award
- Understand the ethos of the John Muir Award, its structure & criteria for gaining Awards
- Participate in a variety of relevant outdoor and environmental activities
- Plan and deliver a mock programme which meets John Muir Award criteria
- Share experiences & review activities in the context of the Four Award Challenges
Who is it for?
Leader Training is designed for staff, volunteers and leaders who are interested in delivering the John Muir Award (maximum of three participants from one organisation). Content is aimed at those already working with groups or organisations, but will also be of interest to individuals. Ideally, those attending will have at least one year's experience of working with groups.
I enjoyed the day… it was really inspiring to see what people are doing… it was fun, punchy, and all round a very positive day
How much does it cost?
Cost is £175 for two days, including food & accommodation. Reduced rate places of £125 are available for those attending in an independent or a freelance capacity and for charity representatives*.
Cost is £120 for two days. Reduced rate places of £100 are available for those attending in an independent or a freelance capacity and for charity representatives*.
*Maximum of one reduced place per charitable organisation per training course - if your charity is booking for more than one person the reduced rate applies to the first participant only. Please email email@example.com and we can provide you with a code to access our reduced rate on our booking system.