Give as you Live
Simply by completing your online shopping as usual you can support the work of the John Muir Trust to protect and enhance wild places. It's easy and won't cost you a penny extra.
What is Give as you Live?
Give as you Live is an online shopping and price comparison website working in partnership with thousands of leading online retailers. When you make a purchase through Give as you Live a percentage of the sale is donated to a charity of your choice, at no extra cost to you.
"...shopping through Give as you Live is a smart consumer choice." The Guardian
- Sign up for a Give as you Live account. It's simple, free and only takes a few clicks.
- Go shopping - search for your favourite online store on the Give as you Live website and click 'Shop now'. You'll be directed to the store where you can make your purchase as normal.*
- That's it! You've earned a free donation. Give as you Live will email you within 7 days to let you know how much money you've raised for the John Muir Trust.
*Alternatively you can download a simple, safe piece of technology called a browser plug-in or extension. This will work in the background, tracking all the purchases you make which are eligible for a donation and automatically calculating the amount. Click here to find out how it works and to download.
What you can achieve
Here are some examples of the donations you can earn by using Give as you Live for the John Muir Trust:
- 7.5p for every £1 you spend on outdoor clothes and equiment
- 5p for every £1 you spend on the lastest fashions or 37.5p on second-hand bargains
- £4.50 for your first online grocery shop
- 6p for every £1 you spend on health and beauty products
- £35 for a new insurance policy
- 25% of your holiday costs such as car hire