NW England Local Members' Gathering
Join us for a weekend of talks on revolutionary projects for people and nature, and a chance to explore the local environment on some excursions. Don't miss out on this great opportunity to connect with other Members and discover more about the fantastic projects going on in the Lake District.
Saturday 7 October - 2pm to 5.30pm (doors open 1.30pm)
Join us for an excellent set of speakers and learn more about some of the great work happening to enhance wild places.
- Pete Barron - John Muir Trust Property Manager for Glenridding Common reviewing the work of the Trust on the Helvellyn area over the past 6 years and an update on our future work in Lakeland
- Lee Schofield - Author of Wild Fell and Site Manager of RSPB Haweswater
- Rachel Oakley - Partnership Manager at Wild Ennerdale
- Paddy Deady and John Hinks - Upper Duddon Landscape Recovery Project
- Francesca Darvill - University of Leeds PhD student working on soil carbon
Sunday 8 October - 10am to 1pm
On Sunday, you will have the opportunity to head out into the Wythburn Valley to see the latest project taken on by the John Muir Trust as part of the Thirlmere Resilience Partnership. See how the Trust is working with local landowners and fellow partners to restore this once-flourishing valley to its former state, capturing carbon, reducing flood risk, and improving biodiversity.
Limited to 10 places. Please bring appropriate footwear, wet weather clothing, extra layers, food and drink.
More informtion and booking available here.