Muaitheabhal wind farmPublished: 5th May 2005
Updated October 2014: Read why we are concerned about the proposed Muaitheabhal/Eisgein/Beinn Mhor wind farms in the Outer Hebrides.
We have been involved in opposing a series of applications for wind farm development on the Eisgein estate on Lewis and participated in a Public Local Inquiry. In July 2013 we opposed a further application to extend the two consented wind farms. See our various submissions in the downloads below.
In October 2014 ENGIE’s (formerly GDF SUEZ) announced it was discontinuing its plans to build the 130MW wind farm on Eishken due to external delays, in particular the Western Isles transmission link.
- Muaitheabhal wind farm south extension objection Jun 2013
- Muaitheabhal wind farm response to scoping application for additional 30 turbines Jun 2012
- Muaitheabhal wind farm east extension Feb 2011
- Muaitheabhal wind farm objection Aug 2009
- Feiriosbhal wind farm objection Beinn Mhor Power Nov 2007
- Beinn Mhor Power wind farm objection revised application May 2006
- Eisgein windfarm objection May 2005