All the latest information about our AGM, Gatherings and other Members' events
2021 AGM and EGM
Our Thirty-Eighth Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be taking place online on Saturday 19 June 2021 at 12.30pm. It will be immediately followed by an Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) to vote on a Special Resolution to adopt the draft Articles of Association.
- Registration has now closed. If you have registered, please monitor your emails for communications from Civica, who will send you the meeting link
- Register for the 2021 AGM and EGM before 12.30pm on Thursday 17 June 2021.
NB. You will need your membership number to register. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unsure of your membership number.
1. How to join us
The AGM and EGM will take place via Zoom. You will receive a link to the event from CIVICA after 12.30pm on Thursday 17 June. Please monitor your email inbox for this link and ensure it has not gone into your spam.
Simply click the link, that you will be sent by CIVICA, between 10.45am and 11am on Saturday 19 June to join us.
If you are unsure how to use Zoom, please contact Ross Brannigan for support.
2. How to vote in the AGM and EGM
At the meeting - Voting at this year's AGM and EGM will be hosted by CIVICA using its CES system. If you have registered to attend the AGM, you will receive information from Civica on how to vote on the day.
You can join the meeting (using the link sent to you by CIVICA if you have registered) from 10.45am on Saturday 19 June. Read the 2021 AGM and EGM Agenda and the following summary of what you can expect on the day.*
- 11am: Staff presentations from the CEO, Engagement and Finance teams will be followed by a lunch break.
- 12.30pm: The AGM will begin, with the usual Chair's Report, update on the financial accounts and the reappointment of auditors.
- 1.45pm: The EGM will begin, when we will vote on a Special Resolution to adopt the draft Articles of Association.
- After a short break, the afternoon will feature presentations from our Head Policy of Land, and Head of Development and Communications
- 2.45pm: We will begin the Open Forum, when you have the opportunity to ask questions of our Management Team and members of the Board. If you wish to send questions in advance of the Open Forum, please email Ross Brannigan.
- 3.30pm: We aim to finish the event, subject to proceedings on the day.
*Please note that the online AGM / EGM and open forum audio will be recorded for the purposes of taking an accurate minute. It will be deleted as soon as the meeting is transcribed. If you do not wish to be recorded, please ensure your microphone is muted and do not speak during the meeting.
4. Governance documents
Following a membership consultation, the Trust's Articles of Assocation have been revised. Members will vote on a Special Resolution to adopt the draft Articles of Association at an Extraordinary General Meeting, which will follow the Annual General Meeting on Saturday 19 June 2021.
We strongly encourage as many Members as possible vote on adopting the new governance document. If you cannot make the day, please appoint a proxy - using the method sent to you by CIVICA - by 12.30pm on Thursday 17 June.
The John Muir Trust Members' Gathering is expected to take place on 2 October in Langholm at the Buccleuch Centre.
We will update this page with further details closer to the time.