How will you experience, enjoy and find out more about your wild place(s)? How will you increase awareness and understanding?
- Visit at different times of day and night, in different seasons, alone or with others.
- Sit, look, listen and feel – engage your senses.
- Identify and learn about habitats - and what lives and grows there.
- Travel extensively – walk, camp, bike, canoe. Is there a route, trail or stream to follow?
- Research the landscape, geology and cultural history.
- Map your wild place. Highlight the features you think are significant – how are they connected to other aspects?
Creative Star Index
Mission:Explore John Muir
Muir related Activities
Literacy & Nature
For education groups:
John Muir Award and the Curriculum for Excellence (Scotland)
John Muir Award and the Curriculum (England)
For groups with support needs:
I learned very early the difference between knowing the name of something and knowing something.
- Richard Feynman, American Physicist