Inspiration and resources
There's no limit to the number of ways you can fundraise for the Trust – whether you’ve got an urge to kayak the country’s coastline, run a marathon or hold a John Muir fancy dress competition, we’re right behind you!
However you choose to raise money, it’s great if you can let us know so we can provide any help or items you need such as a running vest, logos or printed materials. Please email us or call 01796 484 979 and tell us about your plans.
Set up an online fundraising page
Setting up an online fundraising page is one of the best ways to get started, whether you’re gathering sponsorship for a challenge event or collecting donations for a special occasion. The platforms that we recommend are Just Giving and Givey.
- Choose which platform you'd like to use and click on the link above
- Follow the instructions to create your fundraising page.
Personalise your page with photos and set yourself a fundraising target – be ambitious! According to Just Giving, pages with targets raise 46% more than those that don’t
- Share what you’re doing and why you’re fundraising for the Trust – personal stories make a difference
- Once you’ve set up your page – share the link widely via email, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
If you have any problems, get in touch on 01796 484 961 or email our team at email@example.com
Tips for fundraising success
- If you know someone who’s likely to be generous with their support – ask them to donate to your page first (people are more likely to give higher amounts if they see others have done so)
- Tell your story – why does the work of the John Muir Trust inspire you?
- Keep your page updated with photos or news about your fundraiser – you can use this as an opportunity to share the link again and remind people to sponsor you
- Don’t be afraid to keep posting reminders – mix it up by sharing photos or video blogs along with a link to your fundraising page
- Tag us in your social media posts and we can share your fundraising updates! Find us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Need some inspiration? Check out these past adventures...
Oli Warlow - Classic Rock by Bike
Oli completed the amazing feat of climbing and cycling between every route in ‘Classic Rock’- the original climber’s tick-list by Ken Wilson. That’s 2,269m of climbing and 2,500km of cycling - raising over £1,500 for the Trust in memory of a friend and fellow climber Jamie Fisher, who took on the same challenge back in 1997.
Adrienn Hortobagyi - Great Glencoe Challenge
John Muir Trust member Adrienn raised over £300 by taking part in the 26.2 mile ‘trekathon’ from the heart of Glencoe to the foot of Ben Nevis - topping it off with a trip to the summit to end on a high!
Bob and Jean Oliver - Wedding donations
When Bob and Jean celebrated their wedding in April 2018 their guests donated over £1,120 in lieu of gifts to mark the couple’s shared love of the wild places and stunning scenery that the Trust protects.
Get in touch
If you've got a fundraising idea, get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll support you