How will the money you raise be spent?
Money will be spent protecting existing wild land from increasing development pressures and helping us continue our work to restore ecosystems such as the new woodland at Schiehallion.
“The new woodland just feels different, as if the pressure has been lifted. Every patch of willow now has a willow warbler,” says Liz Auty, the Trust’s Property Manager at East Schiehallion. “When I walk through and all the patches have species like that, we’ve won. If we focus on the ordinary species – the wrens, warblers – that will be a success.”
How to take part
- Decide on what Journey you want to do, making sure you follow all current local measures and restrictions relating to Covid-19.
- Register by clicking the 'Sign up' button above
- Download our useful guide and handy tips for more information and ideas for ways to make your journey count for wild places
- Set up a JustGiving page by clicking the link below and share with family and friends - ask them to sponsor you or take part themselves!
- Use #JourneyForWildness and tag the John Muir Trust in any social media posts to let us know what you are up to.
- And don't forget to check out our Journey for Wildness Tshirt selection. All profit goes towards our work caring for wild places.
Our hills, woodlands and rivers are under constant attack and sometimes we need to stand up and fight for them.
- Damian Hall, ultrarunner