Year of Coasts and Waters 2020 – get involved
We are celebrating Scotland's Coasts and Waters to help inspire people to value and care for them
Coasts and waters are places to feel good, be healthy, be curious, be inspired and be creative. They are places where we can think about and act on bigger picture matters too, such as health and well being; biodiversity; sustainability; climate; and our place in the world. Find out more about their potential for learning and adventure, their value as a resource, and their aesthetic inspiration by:
- Dipping into our resources and stories below
- Joining the conversation on social media #YCW2020
Information, resources, organisations and activities - ideas and links to help you get involved… Starting points for finding out and doing things – download a handy list here.
Here are some stories that celebrate the many people, places, activities and links made with Scotland’s Coasts and Waters during 2020:
- Browse a page of dedicated inspiring stories
- Share some of artist Christina Riley's little sources of wonder found during her daily beach walks
- Join Trust conservation officer Carrie Weager on a series of virtual walks along the North West Scotland coast
The John Muir Trust is part of a small partnership of organisations showcasing Scotland's lochs, waterways, islands and coastlines as places to feel good, be healthy, be curious, be inspired and be creative.